Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Color Oops"

"Are all money saving DIY'S really worth it?"
By: Brittany Doherty, Wedding and Event Planner


Trying to save money in these hard times? Thinking you can get salon quality hair from a box? Well think again, I thought that I could save money by dying my own hair from a box, thinking I could get salon quality results. However, I was terribly wrong-I was going for a deep auburn color and ended up with purple hair.

After I was done panicking I rushed to the computer to see if there was any natural ways to remove my horrible mistake. To my surprise I found two promising hair removal methods. The first method I tried was crushing 4-16, 500 mg vitamin C tablets into you’re a quarter amount of your normal shampoo; then mixing the two into a paste and applying the paste onto your dry hair and leave it on for 45mins-2 hours depending on how much color you would like removed.

The comments from answerbag.com sounded promising so I thought I would give this home remedy a try that helped so many other women in my situation. I have extremely long hair so I decided to crush 10- 1,000 mg Vitamin C tablets into a palm size amount of shampoo, mix into a paste and apply to my dry hair. The solution didn’t cover nearly half of my hair so I decided to put it on my roots. After I applied the paste I patiently waited for an hour and rinsed my hair. To my surprise my roots in some area’s turned back to my natural color, while other area’s stayed red. To make this remedy work I figured I would have to use a whole bottle of vitamin C tablets and a whole bottle of shampoo.

I was not ready to give up quite yet, so I thought I would try the second method I found called “Color Oops” which is supposed to gently remove both permanent and semi-permanent hair color to bring you back to your original color. The method only takes 20 minutes and is ammonia and bleach free. Color Oops works by correcting your hair color by shrinking the dye molecules, allowing you to simply wash them away.

Color Oops sounded promising without drying out my hair, so I thought I would give this method a try before making the embarrassing phone call to my hair dresser. The Color Oops solution was very messy and smelled horribly, and not as easy as it sounds. If you try to use Color Oops you will need to buy protective gloves, hair cap, and cotton to make sure the solution doesn’t touch your skin or run onto your clothes. Although Color Oops only takes 20 minutes, the directions tell you to rinse your hair for 15-20 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo, and then rinse your hair for another 5 minutes. After ALL of this there was NO improvement.
To my dismay I finally swallowed my pride and called my hair salon and booked an appointment with my hair dresser. Although I thought that I would be saving money by dying my own hair I ended up spending more money then I normally would to get my hair done.

My advice to everyone especially on your very special day and trust your hair only to a professional and book your appointment in advance. Some hair salons that Columbus Bride and Groom recommends are……….If you would like more information on these company’s please visit www.columbusbrideandgroom.com and click on hair stylist on the left hand side.


http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/20099
The second method I found was Color Oops
http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Hair-Color/Extra-Strength-Hair-Color-Remover/ID=prod2180463&navCount=1&navAction=push-product?tab=warnings

No comments: